Bristol Airport recently lodged an appeal against North Somerset Council’s refusal of their planning application to expand the airport. This means a Public Inquiry, possibly starting before Christmas.
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
SBAEx is working with the Parish Councils Airport Association and other community groups to ensure a strong independent voice at the Inquiry. Our experienced legal team have offered their services at minimum cost, so much of their expertise is given free. We have also gained welcome support from existing funders, but a shortfall remains. Please contribute to the legal fight at https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/stop-bristol-airport-expansion/
HELP OUR LEGAL TEAM HELP OUR COMMUNITIES
The legal team will spotlight on issues that impact local communities:
– adverse impact on health and well-being of pollution from aviation and traffic funnelled into the region
– noise night and day from increased flights (one every 2-3 minutes at peak times)
– increased traffic on country roads because of inadequate highway infrastructure, poor public transport and lack of rail links- parking sprawl onto of green belt land, damaging biodiversity
– anti-social car parking on neighbouring roads and in local villages
– climate change due to higher aviation and traffic emissions- the inadequate economic case since as a primarily leisure operation, the Airport funnels tourist spending money overseas.
Please support this work by donating at:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT