The Canadian owners of Bristol Airport want to increase passenger numbers by 50%, from 8 million to 12 million passengers per annum. Further growth to 20 million passengers is in the pipeline.
HOLD ON! BRISTOL AIRPORT IS BIG ENOUGH
Airport expansion will lead to:
- increased air pollution that will further harm the health of regional communities
- increased greenhouse gas emissions that offset other carbon savings
- Gridlock on congested approach roads
- Noise pollution day and night affecting health and well-being
- Green belt destruction and other environmental harm to natural habitats and landscape
- Parking sprawl as on-site and illegal field parking spreads
Airport expansion does not provide significant benefits to the region. Only the Canadian owners, the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, will profit.
North Somerset Council, which is responsible for Airport planning and regulation, NOW HAS NEW COUNCILLORS following the local elections on 2nd May. There’s much you can do to persuade them of the case against Airport expansion.
PLANNING APPROVAL IS NOT YET A DONE DEAL.
THE DECISIVE MEETING OF NORTH SOMERSET COUNCIL PLANNING & REGULATORY COMMITTEE HAS BEEN POSTPONED AGAIN TO ALLOW TIME FOR FULL CONSIDERATION OF THIS MASSIVE PLANNING APPLICATION.
THE LATEST DATE IS SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER OR EVEN OCTOBER.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LATEST UPDATES
Click the button below to take action and join the campaign to Stop Bristol Airport Expansion