The Canadian owners of Bristol Airport want to increase passenger numbers by 50%, from 8 million to 12 million passengers per annum. Further growth to 20 million passengers is in the pipeline.
HOLD ON! BRISTOL AIRPORT IS BIG ENOUGH
Airport expansion will lead to:
- Increased greenhouse gas emissions that offset other carbon savings
- Gridlock on congested approach roads
- Noise pollution day and night affecting health and well-being
- Green belt destruction and other environmental harm
- Parking sprawl as on-site and illegal field parking spreads
Airport expansion does not provide significant benefits to the region.
Only the overseas owners will profit.
North Somerset Council, which is responsible for Airport planning and regulation, NOW HAS NEW COUNCILLORS following the local elections on 2nd May. There’s much you can do to persuade them of the case against Airport expansion – see our ‘Take Action‘ page.
PLANNING APPROVAL IS NOT YET A DONE DEAL.
THE DECISIVE MEETING OF NORTH SOMERSET COUNCIL PLANNING & REGULATORY COMMITTEE HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR THE 6TH TIME AS ACTION GROUPS PUT FORWARD YET MORE INFORMATION AND ARGUMENTS AGAINST EXPANSION.
THE LATEST DATE (as at 15 July) NOW SEEMS TO BE SOMETIME IN SEPTEMBER.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE LATEST UPDATES
Click the button below to take action and join the campaign to Stop Bristol Airport Expansion